Sunday, June 21, 2009

Made it

Well I finally found a way to write. Sorry to keep all waiting.
I finally made it here on June 17 after two days in Germany. The plane was hit by lighting on the decent into an Air Base, Germany. Found out that the nose had a hole in it. So they had to replace it. But that was ok we got to see a little bit of the country. We went to a town called Trier, the oldest town in Germany. Lots of history dating back as far as 300AD. Loved the area.
Here at my new home is not bad. The sleeping quarters are ok. I can not complain due to the places some of the others are sleeping. The food is not Shelli's, but it will do for the next four months. I would really like to have a home cooked meal prepared by my precious wife that I love so much. Honey I cant wait to get home and have some real cooking.
I have an opportunity to meet some really great Soldiers. I cap the word "Soldiers" because the ones I have met deserve it. Please pray for them daily. I know back home it seems sometimes that that phrase is over used (Pray for our Soldiers). After being here for just a few days that phrase meets you with a brick wall. So please everyday PRAY for them and their loved ones. THEY NEED THEM.
After leaving Baltimore on the 15 of Jun and landing here on the 17 of Jun was a long and interesting ride. Some of the views I saw were amazing. The sky would be early dark (evening) on take off and daylight in the matter of just a couple of hours (3). That was strange. And then the mountain view outside my dorm everyday is just breath taking.
I will close for now. Everyone please take care and I will continue soon.
God Bless and PLEASE pray for our troops.
P.S. Shelli "I LOVE AND MISS YOU" - Me

2 comments:

Thale Keisling said...

Glad to hear that you made it. They couldn't put you guys on another plane? Or did they go with lightning never strikes the same plane twice?

Have you started reading your books yet? Let me know when you get done so Don and I can send you some more reading material. If you want, I'll talk to Chad and see if he wants to send anything for you to read also.

Jeb said...

Thanks for the comment. No they could not put us on another plane, and yes they do get hit twice. The one I was on was hit the week before we got hit. Odd Huh.
I am not done with the book yet. When I am I will be sure and tell you.