Thursday, June 25, 2009

One week down

Well it has been one since since I have arrived here. It was a pretty long week trying to learn how things operate here. All the training I have had did prepare me for some of my task but not all of it. I am busy throughout most of the day. There are a few moments of down time but not so much. I feel as busy here as I did back home.

The Internet has been down for the last few days and it has been hard not seeing the family. I did bye a cell phone so that Shelli and we have a way to communicate so that is good for us. BUT NOT seeing the kids is hard. I enjoy watching them as well as her on the web cam. It is good to be able to see the smiling face of the family.

I think I am settled in for the long haul of the next 3 and a half months. This is a pretty small base but there are plenty of things to do and keep me busy during down time, which is one day a week. The rest of the week I am working 7am-7pm. Wow what a shift.

I am the Lodging Supervisor and that is all I can say due to Security Operations will not allow me to discuss mission sensitive information. Sorry about that.

I have met alot of nice people from all different areas of the world. The networking with others here is interesting, finding out who they are, where they are from, how they got here, it is a neat experience.

Well that is all I have for now I will write more as the days continue to count down until I am home. See you all later, PLEASE pray for our troops they need all they can get.

P.S. I Love and Miss You Shelli, Mason, and Savannah - Me

1 comment:

Philip said...

Jeb you and all of the troops are on our prayer list! God Bless! Please let the troops know we are thankful for what they are doing and the sacrifices each has given!