Monday, December 22, 2008

(Christmas) Does it have to be a rush?

Today Mason and I went to Fort Smith and bought Shelli's Christmas. Boy howdy WHAT A TRIP. There were at least 3 wrecks, jammed stop lights, packed parking lots, and a BUNCH of people out. Now I am the first to say I do like to get presents for Christmas, but wow what an elbow to elbow, wall to wall crowd. He and I went to Central Mall to get what we needed and I thought I was a needle and the mall was a hay stack. I did not think I would ever get out of there with Mason and I alive.
Shelli is worth fighting any crowd at anytime, anywhere, any place to get something for her she wants or I think she would want I will see Christmas Day. And I am not complaining about going to the mall all I am saying Mason and I were not in a rush today by no means. The crowd on the other hand seemed they were. I heard some talk from others I would not aspect to here this close to the holiday.
I guess where I am going with this is that I want to thank all the moms out there for fighting the crowds and getting the gifts while most of us husbands are at home, work, deer woods, and/or keeping the kids. I would like to pour you an extra large cup of coffee for the things you do we have no clue about until we go to buy the one gift for you and fight the demons you fight getting all the gifts you get.
THANKS honey for the times YOU went to Ft Smith without me. You are the best. For that I will not only pour you an extra large cup of coffee I will buy the coffee shop.
So men tell your wives THANKS for what they do and enjoy the deer woods as often as you can. I plan to.
Oh the question: "Does it have to be a rush?"
The Awns er: "YES" because I figured out if you don't rush in and out someone will get hurt. At least that is what I felt today.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Well, I think you're right, unfortunately Christmas seems to be a rush this year.
Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

-Mike

Philip said...

Merry Christmas Jeb and family. Maybe the rush part is because you went shopping two days before Christmas? Maybe that had something to do with it! Really, that is what Christmas is today...rush, rush, rush.