Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas is here






Well I first want to pour a large cup of coffee and say good morning to the BIG John Ciesla for weathering the cold walk at 5am (32 degrees) this morning w/ Jackie and I. See Jackie, Ronnie, and I have been walking for at least a year and a half at 5am Mon-Thurs rain, snow, sleet, or shine; cold, hot, warm it does not matter we walk. The good man John is he came out this morning and walked with us Angel was so proud as so Jackie and I were to.



Tonight was the big Greenwood CHRISTmas parade. Boy was it a good one this year. There were people of all ages lined up for several city blocks. It makes me proud to live in a community that supports the community events. There were so many police, fire, and other emergency services cars and trucks, the HS band, HS Air Force ROTC, 4 H club, cub scouts, and many other neat floats and rides. I would like to pour a large cup of coffee for all those involve. JOB WELL DONE.



Now I can not leave out the Ciesla's. They made chili and soup and feed a load of folks. THEN they made a bigger load of hot chocolate and handed it out to the cold folks around the area where they live on the main drag of the parade. Awesome job guys. That is why they are the bomb.

2 comments:

Philip said...

I want to express my gratitude to the Ciesla's as well. My family really appreciated them opening up their home to everyone. I too love going to communities that support their hometown. Small town Christmas parades are hard to beat.

Mike said...

Thanks to John and Angel for opening thier home to everyone. Those are the kind of things you remember around the holidays; being with friends and family and celebrating the birth of Jesus. I thought the parade was one of the better ones I had been to as well. I especially liked the extra firetruck sound effects provided by Philip "I make you pee a little because I'm so funny" Darr!