Friday, November 21, 2008

Friendship is a gift from God

I was reading my buddy Jackie's blog a bit ago and it made me think of friendship. That is something that is truly God sent. Think about it, you meet someone you never knew, you talk a bit and go your own way, then you talk again, then again. The next thing you know you guys are meeting for lunch, hunting or fishing together, and a life long friendship is there. Now that is a gift from God. God knows what, when, and where you need a certain someone to come along to help you through the bad times and they are there to enjoy the good times as well. Now if you say you don't believe in God you have a major issue inside your life you need help with. I would like to invite you to church.


Now as Jackie said we have been friends for a long time. Today we are as good of friends as we were in high school. Isn't it amazing that some guys carry friendships from buddies in HS to their married life, which he followed me to, then to your parenthood, which he followed me there to. I think I see a pattern here. Anyway there are a handful of guys I can call true friends and I would do anything in the world for if asked. They are in trouble you are there to pull them out. They need something you ask what can I give you. They want to hang out and you ask when and where. But the best part about it is you know someone has your back when you need it and that is what I call a gift from God.


So to the ones (male and female) I raise our kids, play golf, fish, walk, set in Life Group, eat lunch, paint on their walls, hang out at deer camp with "THANKS" for the best friendship a person can have. The reason I mentioned events instead of names I don't want to leave anyone out so the list above is for the ones I call true friends and they know who they by the list.


So remember the next time you see a stranger give them a smile and you just might notice that you got one back and it was FREE.

No comments: